Last Updated: 02.03.2020
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Do we use Google Maps?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Information automatically collected
In short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
2. How do we use your information?
In short: We process your information for purpose based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (‘business purposes’), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (‘contractual’), with your consent (‘consent’), and/or for legal compliance with our legal obligations (‘legal reasons’). We indicate the specific processing grounds we reply on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
To send you marketing and promotional communications: We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the ‘what are your privacy rights?’ below).
To send you administrative information to you: We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
To post testimonials: We post testimonials on our sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location on the website and contact information.
Administer prize draws and competitions: We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
Request feedback: We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our site.
To protect our site: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure (for example, fraud monitoring and prevention).
To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
to respond to legal requests and prevent harm: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
For other business purposes: We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if your have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.)
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the sites over time. This information may be used to among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, direct marketing and lead generation. HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Lead Management and Google Ads
- Communicate and chat with users.Facebook customer chat
- Content optimisation. YouTube video embed
- Data backup and security. Website monitoring
- Retargeting platforms.Google Ads Remarketing and Google Analytics Remarketing
- Social media sharing and advertising. Facebook advertising, Facebook social plugins, Instagram advertising, Pinterest advertising, YouTube social plugins, Pinterest social plugins, LinkedIn advertising and LinkedIn social plugins
- Web and mobile analytics. Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Website hosting. GoDaddy
- Website performance monitoring. Website monitoring
6. Do we use Google Maps?
In short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime.
7. How long do we keep your information?
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we learn that personal information from users less that 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. What are your privacy rights?
In short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
Cookies and similar technologies:
11. Controls for do-not-track features
12. Do we make updates to this policy?
In short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comment about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Roberts Miller Redshaw Ltd
5 St Johns Parade
5 St Johns Parade, Alinora Crescent, Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex, BN12 4HJ